Repetition and Organic forms

Aswell as larger repetitions in nature or things on a more broader scale if you look closer at organic forms then there is also pattern to be found in their structures. Below is a few examples although there are many more.


Plants are a great example of repetition within an organic structure whether it be the
leaves and organization of the plant above or the intricate and delicate flowers that we
see shown below.



Flowers have very changing and different patterns to them and their structures
can be very different, however most when seen can be recognised and i am sure i
have seen some of Richard Sweeneys work that relates or it based upon them. I shall
look at these later in my own time and try to replicate them and make my own.



Last of all out of my examples is a snowflake and although two are never the same
and they are not always completely symetrical they form some very unusual and
original shapes not seen in many other places. If i tried to create one of these it would
also allow me to explore and create my own shapes with which to base my project rather
than mimicking nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment